Perfect Any Day Breakfast
I love pancakes, they bring back memories of all those pancake days spent watching my mum make the most amazing pancakes ever and competing with the siblings over who can eat the most!!!!
Now that I try to eat a healthier diet which is as clean as possible I love to find ways of eating some of my favorite foods but just make them healthier!!!
I really like eating a high protein diet and so incorporated more protein into my pancakes recipe :)!!!
They are oh so yummy and you can literally top them with anything you want! Its such a simple recipe that you can do them any day of the week not just on weekends :) orrrr make a big batch and freeze them for those mid week mornings your in a rush!!!
2 x eggs
1 x scoop of protein (I use vanilla whey protein)
1/2 cup of wholewheat flour
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
Coconut oil (for frying)
1. Put all dry ingredients into a bowl and make a well in the bottom
2. Pour all the wet ingredients into the well and thoroughly combine until smooth (not coconut oil)
3. Heat a non stick frying pan and add the coconut oil
4. Once hot pour in the batter to the size of pancake u want
5. Once it starts to bubble and move if you lift up the edge its ready to flip
6. Flip over (i use a spatula cos i'm useless)
7. Once cooked through then put on a plate and repeat process until batter is used
8. Top with whatever you want, I've put a few suggestions below
Any fruit you like
Or just plain
I hope you enjoy experimenting with these as much as I do...there's nothing better than hunting in the freezer, finding a batch and throwing them in the toaster!!!
Remember It's Your Mind, Your Body, Your Choice!