Tuesday 4 November 2014

Protein Balls Recipe

Protein Balls - A Quick Post-Workout Refuel

I was beginning to have a few issues with post workout eating as sometimes I just don't have time to ensure I eat something immediately post workout. 

Reading around lots of people suggested protein bars/balls! There are some great ones out there like the Trek Bars, Bounce Balls or even the +Myprotein range to name just a few. You can go to most supermarkets nowadays and find them or to your health food shops or online. But as always penny's are few and far between, so as yummy as they all get reviewed they ted to be on the slightly expensive range for me.

Ergo I decided to make my own :) and boy am I glad I did, for a fraction of the cost they are gorgeous!!!!!!!




Ingredients

1 Cup of Oats 
2 scoops of protein powder (personal preference +Myprotein Natural Vanilla  Impact Whey)
1/3 Cup of Honey
1/3 Cup peanut butter (i used @MeridianFoods Crunchy peanut butter)
Designated Coconut for a slight covering


Recipe

Simply put all ingredients (except coconut) together in a bowl
Fun part using your hands mix it all together until well combined
You may need to dd more honey if its not quite binding as you want (drizzle slowly small amount goes far)
Then break off an amount you desire (usually enough to make an inch size ball) and roll in your hands until smooth and round!
If you wish roll in some designated coconut and store in an airtight container!!

This made 8 for me but it depends what size you want them!!

I hope you enjoy them as much as I have Post Workout, let me know what you think :)!!

Remember, It's Your Mind, Your Body, Your Choice!


No comments:

Post a Comment