Thursday 25 September 2014

Nakd Bar Recipe 25p Each

I have been following an Eat Clean diet since around May 2014, however I have been gradually progressing towards this for the last 4 years. 

This was a subconscious decision to start with as it began with trying to work out what it was that was causing my stomach to give me so much grief on a daily basis. I did so by progressively cutting certain foods out of my diet 

I'm still not sure what the cause of my stomach grief is, however I am enjoying were this has taken my diet and lifestyle. In the pursuit of this I found potentially one of the great loves of my life, Nakd Bars. 


These little bars of heaven are delicious and are classed as Clean in the food world!!!
They can now be found in most of the Free From sections in all leading supermarkets and in many of the health food stores or via their website 

These bars can usually be bought for a reasonable £0.75 a bar, which when you compare to how much most would happily spend on a chocolate bar is money well spent.

As a student I am like the majority living on a very tight budget, and as many will say this does not lend it self easily to eating a healthy diet, let alone eating clean. This has caused me to find cheaper alternatives to foods that I love, which resulted in the following homemade recipe ;)


Cocoa, Vanilla, Date and Cashew Bars




Ingredients

1 Bag of Dates  
1 Bag of Cashew Nuts
1 1/2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1/2 tbsp of Cacao Powder
2 tbsp Vanilla Extract

Makes 18 bars

Method

Put all ingredients into a food processor on high speed for around 5 minutes or until they come together.
In a clingfilm lined tray press the mixture in (i found using my hands instead of a spoon worked best).
Place into the fridge for 30 minutes.
Take out when chilled and cut into bars (or whatever you fancy).
Store in an airtight container in the fridge/freezer.
Unsure of a use by date, I doubt mine will last long enough to worry!




I worked them out to be around 25/30p a bar, but you could make them cheaper by replacing the Cacao powder with Cocoa Powder.

Enjoy :)

Remember its Your Mind, Your Body, Your Choice




No comments:

Post a Comment